Hopefully everyone was able to follow along during yesterday’s mad-dash WordPress primer. I see that some of you have already started playing with the aesthetics of your blog; for those who’d like to tinker more with it before we work on them as a class together next week, let me recommend the following helpful resources:
- Getting started: http://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-started/+ http://learn.wordpress.com/
- WordPress Lessons: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons
- WordPress Google Doc
Remember: to login to your WordPress site and be able to post you can go to WordPress.com OR you can go to [your website’s name].wordpress.com/wp-admin (ie. spring209.wordpress.com/wp-admin for me). Both lead you to the two dashboards we saw yesterday both of which allow you to post directly to your blog.
A couple of reminders about the week ahead:
– If you missed our first meeting, please review our INTRODUCTIONS post and be sure to comment with your URL when you’ve created your very own WordPress site.
– Check the HER: ASSIGNMENT & VIDEO ESSAYS post for your blog assignment for next week.
– You can re-watch the whole film (or snippets of it) from our very own Sakai site under the “Streaming Video browser (Service provided by NJVid)” tab.